Saturday, June 5, 2010

A New Me!

So, after several years of just letting my hair grow and grow, I end up with hair so long it hangs down past my rear.  Last month I had a "big" birthday and I decided it was time to get rid of my "horse's tail" and get a new look that made me look and feel a little younger.  That long hair wasn't really doing anything for me and it took FOREVER to wash and comb out.  So, after building up courage for three weeks, I finally did it!  I cut most of it off!  22 inches!  I am donating my hair to Locks of Love to be made into not one, but two wigs!  It was a big step for me, but I don't think I will be going back.  I think my days of having long hair are gone.  I can't believe the difference in how I feel, and so far all the comments have been how much younger I look.  That makes me feel pretty good!  The last time I cut my hair (the same weekend Brooke got engaged), I had a major panic attack after I cut it.  I decided then that I would NEVER cut my hair again!  And I didn't for many years.  But I've been looking at myself in the mirror and realizing that I look OLD!  I'm so happy I did this for myself! 

It was really fun, too.  Last night I met Stacie at her house and she drove us and her mom to her cousin, Tessa's, house in Eagle Mtn after stopping at Subway to buy us some dinner. I got a seafood sub, YUM!   I felt so bad for Tessa!  She was on her feet for four straight hours doing all our hair.  Cutting and coloring.  And she's pregnant!  She was so nice and made it so easy.  I felt good about doing it and wasn't really nervous or anything.  I think it was easier because I had had time to get ready for it and I knew I really needed to cut it.  Last time I cut it (panic attack, remember) I just did it on a spur of the moment thing.  I decided to cut it while I was in the shower washing it and went later that morning at had it cut.  Anyways, I got my gray hairys covered and got a new color too!  I even got my eyebrows waxed.  First time ever!  A little painful, I've got to say, but I like the results!  I got home about 11:15pm, and wish Stacie and I had just made a night of and watched a movie or something! 

Thanks to Stacie for going with me and encouraging me!  I think she was more nervous last night than I was!  Don't worry Stacie, I LOVE it!  Now on to some much needed other changes that I need to make in my life!

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

Aunt Michele you look gorgeous!
And great job on the frequent bloging- along with with everything else you do!