Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Sabbath Musings

It's an already warm Sunday morning.  I can't seem to get motivated to get up and get ready for church.  I have a lot of that problem lately.  Something I need to work on, I guess.

Yesterday we went to Provo to look for an apartment for Cody to stay in while he's going to BYU this fall.  We got lucky and found a little dump of a house for cheap and he signed the contract.  It's right next to campus, so that will be good since he won't have a car.  We had fun walking around campus.  It was pretty deserted.  We played around in the sculpture exhibit outside the art museum.  It was really hot and we were tired from walking all over, so we didn't stay too long.  We went out for a late lunch and headed home.


While walking around campus I was sure regretting that I didn't graduate and really wishing there were some way that I could go back to school and finish my degree.  Walking around college campuses does that to me.  We happened to see a sign across the street from Cody's rental house for apartment rentals for families.  The rent was super cheap!  I got all excited thinking, hey we could sell our house and move down there and I could finish school!  I spent the rest of the day dreaming of my big plans.  Then I went on the BYU website and looked at admissions for transfer students and my hopes came back down to reality.  The website said it is highly unlikely that students with more than 90 graded credit hours would be admitted.  I was so disappointed I could cry.  (And I did!)  I have way more than 90 credits.  I probably should just face  that I had my chance to earn a college degree and I blew it and move on with my life.  But boy, is it hard!

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

Have you checked out BYU's independent study program for their Bachelor of General Studies? It is made for people who did a significant amount of credits on campus but didn't get to finish. I've been trying to convince Damian's mom to look into it too because she was nearly finished with her degree when she got married and moved to Illinois.
I think you should look into it- if you have finished all your generals then you may not have much to do. It would really be worth a look! Love ya!

theuhis said...

I did do a little checking into it and it seems like there was a requirement that you had to have attended BYU (Provo), which I didn't ever attend there. I finished everything, except my student teaching. I was half way through (six weeks from graduation) when I withdrew from school. :( DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!

Jenelle said...

Bummer- you'd think they would consider BYU-H as part of that program... lame. Hopefully there are still other options- so don't give up!