Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer is here!

Well, graduation has come and gone.  This boy is a high school graduate.  Doesn't he look good in his Tongan-wear? That is what he wore to seminary graduation where he played the prelude music on the violin with his friend and Faha played the viola and where he gave a wonderful talk about his favorite scripture Proverbs 3:5.  (Yes, I know that was a run on sentence)  I can't believe my boy is an adult now.  He just needs to get a job!  He is so excited about his plans to attend BYU-Provo for Fall semester and then go on his mission.

School is out and I have a house full of kids everyday.  It's hectic and noisy and messy, but it's also fun.  (Most of the time)  The kids are enjoying just playing and relaxing, which is what summer is supposed to be about, right? I always feel the pressure to make sure they are doing something educational and structured and I feel guilty when they are not, but I figure I will give them these first two weeks of summer vacation to just enjoy being kids.

No comments: