Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ups and Downs

I know there are ups and downs in life.  I know that there are good times and bad times.  It just seems like right now every single day is full of ups and downs.  It's like my life is on roller coaster mode right now.  One minute things are great and I have really good news, the next everything has changed and the good news is now disappointing news.  My emotions and feelings cannot handle it! 

We are trying to get everything set up for Anita to go to BYU-H in July.  We hope to be able to go with her to help her get settled and for Lincoln and I to take a much needed vacation together.  Lincoln and I have not been away just the two of us for more than one night since Anita was born.  In case you can't do the math, that's 18 1/2 years!  Our 20th anniversary will be on December 14 of this year.  So while I know that it's no record, by any means, it's still a pretty long time and we need some time to spend together without the kids.  What you also need to realize is that from one month after our marriage until after our 6th anniversary I was either pregnant or nursing continuously.  Now for those of you who have been pregnant, nursing, or married to someone who has been, you can imagine how that was.  And my pregnancies were not a piece of cake!  I think there were many times that Lincoln wondered who the heck he had married because it wasn't the same person he had dated!  We have been through a lot together and we really need some time to just reconnect and I think going back to where we started our relationship together is just about the perfect place!  Please say a little prayer for us that things will work out so we can go!!!!

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

That would be so awesome if you could take Anita over and have a vacation! I hope it works out!