Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ward Campout



We got home from our ward campout yesterday morning.  We were all wasted!  I slept and couldn't seem to wake up and get moving.  We had so much stuff to put away and I didn't start unpacking until about 10:30 last night.  I went to bed at about 1:30!  But at least we got most of the stuff put away.  Now on to the laundry!  Holy mountain of laundry Batman!

The kids helped so much!  Lincoln and I are getting old and the kids did almost everything.  The boys set up all the tents (4 of them!) and took them all down.  They were great.  They also helped other people at the camp set up and take down their stuff.  They helped load up yesterday and unload late last night.  Anita was a great help, too, getting packed up and everything.  I'm so proud of all of them.

We all had a great time.  It was very nice and relaxing.  The camp site was very clean and nice.  There were hardly any bugs, definitely a plus.  It wasn't too hot most of the time.  I took naps every day.  LOVED IT!  We hardly saw Pasi and Siu.  They were running around with their friends all the time.  They had a lot of fun playing in the creek.  I watched a tv show about parasites last week and I was a little nervous with them playing in the water, hopefully they didn't get any parasites!





It was a fun camp and great to get away for a few days!  We all needed it.  It was so fun to see Cody and Faha spending so much time together and having fun together.  Pasi and Siu loved being with their friends pretty much 24/7.  Anita had time to read and rest.  I even enjoyed cooking on our little camp stove.  I hate getting ready to camp, I hate setting it all up and taking it all down and putting it away, but I like the actual camp once we're there.  We didn't really want to come home.  We have one more day of vacation, then it's back to real life.  Hopefully we are recharged and will get back to work Tuesday ready to go!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. I've always said that you have amazing kids! Love all the pictures. It seriously makes me want to go camping right now. Just not in DC humidity...

In other news, I hope I get to see you next month! We're staying in Draper the first week and then Midway for a few days (aug 9-12). Would you guys be interested in meeting up in Midway one day?