Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Year

I love starting a new year. It's so full of possibilities. I have big plans to do so many things. I hope that I can get at least some of them accomplished.

Some goals for this year are:
-Get organized! And keep it that way.
-Clean out the garage so two cars can be parked there. Isn't that what garages are for??
-Sew lots of fun things.
-Teach Faha, Pasi, and Siu piano lessons
-Exercise regularly
-Be super spiritual! Read scriptures and have prayers every day! (Thanks Stacie!)
That's the main list, I will think of more I'm sure.

I have started painting. I painted a wall in our "tv room". It used to be our master bedroom, but now it's a playroom/tv room. Hey, I want an upstairs family room and I don't have one, so I made one! I painted one wall red. I'm going to use all my apple decorations. I hope it turns out cute.

Another project is crocheting blankets for my new great nephews, three of them, that are due to arrive soon. I have finished one, two more to go. Also, I'm making rag quilts for my kids' Build a Bears. I have to keep busy with these little projects because they are my stress relieving therapy.

Why do I need stress relieving therapy?? Because my kids are making me nuts! Cody wants to transfer to the high school close to us. Which you think would make my life easier, but it probably will be more complicated because Anita and Faha will still go to school on the east side of the valley. So I will have 5 kids in 4 different schools! So goes the drama of life with 3 teenagers.

Anyway, I am off to give piano lessons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of the kids. I like your new background too. Yes, a new year does bring unlimited possibilities and refreshment to our souls!