Monday, September 20, 2010

A Lazy Day

Is it ever ok or justified to have a lazy day?  I worked very hard pretty much every day last week.  I cleaned and cleaned every day last week, except Friday.  Of course, after the weekend with my family home you can't tell I ever did anything!  I had planned to get everything back in order and looking good today, but I got up and my right hip and back are very painful and I just have no energy.  It could be because I have Aunt Flo and Uncle Cramps visiting.  I'm ready for them to leave.  The last few years whenever they visit I get sooooo tired and painful that I can hardly function for the first few days.  Anyway, so today I want to just sit, watch tv, and work on my cross stitch.  Is that wrong? 
 LATER........
Well, I did force myself to sweep and mop my floors and tidy up Pasi's and Siu's room.  I just need to do some laundry, wash the dishes, and swish and swipe the bathrooms and I will feel like I've really accomplished a lot!  My goal, get it done before lunch (noon).  Sometimes when I give myself permission to be lazy I actually get more done than when I have my big "to do" list and feel like I HAVE to do it.  I'm doing it because I want to, not because I have to.  It's a control thing with me.  I have to feel like I'm in control.

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

Thats funny, I'm the same way! If I feel like I HAVE to do something, I dread it. But, if I want to do something, even if its the same thing, its no problem :)