Friday, August 29, 2008

Wishing we were there

I'm sitting here thinking that everyone is at Jenelle's wedding reception. I hope it is beautiful and will be a lovely memory for her always.

I had an interesting day. It was nice and quiet, just John (almost 3) and Wyatt (2 1/2). Lincoln was home, so that was nice, too. Wyatt's mom picked him up and as she was walking out the door just happened to mention that she is taking him to her friend to be babysat until he's potty trained. She's not sure how long that will take, but I won't be watching him until he's potty trained. I told her that after her two weeks of vacation are gone, she will have to pay me whether she brings him or not. She did not seem concerned about that, so I'm guessing that she's not planning to bring him back. That leaves me in a bit of a spot. I was planning on that money. Now it's back almost to square one. At least I still have Davyn, my other new child I started watching this week. It's a little discouraging! I need to have 7 day care kids to be okay. Without Wyatt I have 5. Pray that I'll get some calls this weekend!

Tomorrow is Cody and Pasi's first official football game. It's a home game. I hope they do well and nobody gets hurt! Cody already has some bumps and bruises and the season hasn't even started yet. I'm worried about him now that he's running the ball. When he was on the line, he never got hurt! Those blockers better protect him!

I think I'll sleep early tonight. We have to be at Pasi's game at 7:45am. Love you all!

2 comments:

Alysha Smith said...

You need to be stricter with the people that you babysit for. My babysitter and I have a very clear understanding of how things work and she sticks to it as do I. You need to make them stick to the agreements they made!

Coleen said...

Hi dear Sister, Alysha is right, you need to enforce the conditions of your contract which they have signed and agree to. Don't feel like you "owe" them any extra considerations. This is your business and an important part of your family's income. Unfortunately, people, and adults can be the worse, have no regard or respect for anyone else's time or schedule. They have their concerns as the first and foremost. I truly believe that if you will be firm and enforce your contract terms, without apology, you will find you will have the daycare children you truly do want in your home and their parents won't abuse the kindness you offer to them when you do try and work with them in special circumstances.
Mutual respect goes a long way!
Remember, Remember,Remember, you are doing this as a business, not a favor to a friend. You creditors, your mortgage company, insurance company, etc., aren't understanding when you can't pay your bills.
Love you, stand strong